After building your gaming PC, hooking up your monitor and plugging in your peripherals, it’s time to pull a chair up to your gaming desk and start playing.
Of course, you are not just sitting in any old chair. As a PC enthusiast, you’ll only settle for the best. This top list highlights the 5 best gaming chairs of 2017.
3 Reasons Why You NEED a Proper Gaming Chair
Aside from feeling like a god, here are a few reasons why you need to invest in a gaming chair:
Health: If you’re a true gamer, odds are you’ve spent four or more hours in a row behind your monitor with a keyboard and mouse in hand.
If you’re sitting for a prolonged period of time, it can begin to take a toll on your back, muscles, tendons, and other parts of your body. Buying an ergonomic and comfortable gaming chair will dramatically reduce the risk of back pain and bad bosture.
Style: You’ve already spent plenty of money on your gaming setup. From the desktop itself, to the monitor, keyboard, mouse, mousepad, headset, and the desk, you’ve probably already spent plenty of money.
If you truly want to be proud of your gaming setup, you need a sweet gaming chair. It’s the final touch to your gaming setup.
Experience: The PC gaming experience is superior to the console gaming experience. While it can be a bit more expensive, it’s worth it in the long run.
If you want the most out of your games, PC is the way to go. Part of the PC gaming experience is your gaming setup. More specifically, the look and feel of your setup. A gaming chair completes the picture.
Overview of the Gaming Chairs
|Homall Racing Style Gaming Chair||33 lbs||Check Price|
|Flash Furniture White Leather Gaming Chair||41 lbs||Check Price|
|LEVL Gaming Alpha Series M Gaming Chair||50 lbs||Check Price|
|SPACE Seating Professional AirGrid Office Chair||40 lbs||Check Price|
|DX Racer Formula Series Racing Gaming Chair||57 lbs||Check Price|
4 Things to Consider Before You Buy
A quality gaming chair can be a bit expensive. While it’s well worth the money, you should get the most bang out of your gaming chair buck. Here are a few things to consider before you buy:
Ergonomics: The most important thing to consider before you buy a gaming chair is the chair’s ergonomics.
If the chair doesn’t suit your body, you’re going to hate it. It doesn’t matter how cool the chair is. At the end of the day, if the chair isn’t comfortable for you, it’ll be a waste of money.
Height control: It is an important feature to watch out for. It allows you to adjust the chair to the perfect height for you. It’s a fairly common attribute.
However, a less common yet equally important feature is armrest height control. Having your arm rests at the wrong height can quickly become irritating.
Lastly, check to see if the chair is able to recline. It’s often nice to lean back in your chair in between rounds or when watching Netflix/YouTube.
Design: Before you buy, consider what kind of chair would go well with your setup. Do you want a modern feel? Maybe something more traditional, like an office chair?
This really is in the eyes of the beholder. Figure out what you like and go from there!
Material: Last but certainly not least, the material of your chair is an important consideration.
The quality of the material you choose has a direct impact on the lifespan of the chair. Moreover, if you choose an uncomfortable material, you’ll hate your chair.
5 Best Gaming Chairs of 2017
With the previous tips in mind, you are now equipped to choose the right chair for you. This list is not ordered from best to worse, but rather from lowest price to highest price.
Homall Racing Style Gaming Chair - $80
1. The Homall Racing Style Gaming Chair is the cheapest on this top list. Don’t fear, its quality is impeccable for the money.
Featuring leather around the chair including the armrests, the seating is extremely comfortable. It swivels smoothly 360 degrees, and yes, it reclines.
- High quality material
- Easy assembly
- Armrests don’t move
- Slightly shorter lifespan
All in all, for just $80 you really can’t go wrong with this chair. It looks slick, and feels great. If you’re looking for a nice gaming chair on a budget, this is the one for you.
Flash Furniture White Leather Gaming Chair - $153
2. The Flash Furniture White Leather Gaming Chair is my personal favorite. This chair provides the most bang for your gaming buck. Featuring a contemporary design with sleek white leather, this chair looks absolutely phenomenal.
It has a high back with built-in lumbar support. It also has a tilt lock mechanism and a tilt tension adjustment knob. This is especially cool, as it allows you to adjust the necessary pressure to lean back in your chair. The design of the chair promotes healthy blood flow.
- Contemporary design
- Built-in lumbar support
- Backrest is not adjustable
- Minimal padding
SPACE Seating Professional AirGrid Office Chair - $163
3. The SPACE Seating Professional AirGrid Office Chair doubles as a superb gaming chair. With a leather seat with mesh siding for breathability and comfort, this chair perfectly suits long gaming sessions.
The chair has a one touch pneumatic height adjustment feature. Moreover, the adjustable tilt tension control and adjustable angled arms add to the ergonomics and comfort control of this chair.
If you want a well-rounded gaming chair without breaking the bank, this is the chair for you.
- Adjustable height/arm rests
LEVL Gaming Alpha Series M Gaming Chair - $299
4. The LEVL Gaming Alpha Series M Gaming Chair is one of our personal favorites on this list. Contrsucted with a sturdy steel frame, this chair won’t fail you.
It has a sleek black/blue leather-like vinly upholstery, providing comfort during long gaming sessions. It also has built-in lumbar and neck support. It has 2.5” soft wheel casters, which are safe for wood, tile and carpet flooring.
- Lumbar support
DX Racer Formula Series Racing Gaming Chair - $299
5. The DX Racer Formula Series Racing Gaming Chair is another great choice if you have a bit more money to spend. While the chair featured in this article is yellow, it actually comes in 11 different colors/styles.
This chair is ergonomic, and ships with a free headrest/lumbard cushion. The seat has a strong mesh and PU cover. Its backrest is a bit higher than other chairs to further support your neck and back. The armrests are adjustable, and the chair frame even ships with a lifetime warrenty.
- Lumbar/neck support
- Lifetime warranty
If you’re interested in using this infographic for your website, please contact me!
- 3 Reasons Why You NEED a Proper Gaming Chair
- Overview of the Gaming Chairs
- 4 Things to Consider Before You Buy
- 5 Best Gaming Chairs of 2017
- Homall Racing Style Gaming Chair - $80
- Flash Furniture White Leather Gaming Chair - $153
- SPACE Seating Professional AirGrid Office Chair - $163
- LEVL Gaming Alpha Series M Gaming Chair - $299
- DX Racer Formula Series Racing Gaming Chair - $299